The Growler Group (Online Shop) - Policies Terms and Conditions of Trade
You can view our products by 'Category' alone following the links in the left hand side bar or at the top of each page. Click on the Add to Cart button to select for purchase. You can modify or delete items from your cart at any time - click on 'View Cart' button and follow the instructions.
When you have finished adding your required items to your online shopping cart, you will then need to visit the checkout to finalise your order.
Please make sure that ALL delivery details are 100% correct, as we can not be held responsible for items which go missing in transit due to an error with your address.
In making your purchase you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
2. Using PayPal
We use PayPal to conduct the financial transaction for the purchase of the items you select. This allows you to use a credit or debit card, or if you have a PayPal account you can use any funds you have banked there.3. Ordering Terms and Conditions
• Incorrect addresses – The Growler Group will not be held responsible for missing items if you have not filled in the delivery address details in full or made an error with your delivery address, we ask that you are sure to check this before placing your order.
• Product pricing - We always try to offer a competitive price, compatible with raising money for the preservation of our locomotives. There are no further discounts that we are able to offer including for bulk quantities. In all cases, we reserve the right to cancel any order where a pricing error has been made.
• Product Availability – Although we try hard not to let this happen, if we have high demand or discontinued stock, we reserve the right to cancel any items from your order at our own discretion.
• Please be aware we are usually unable to delay the dispatch date of any orders placed. If you have specific requirements please do contact us to see what can be done [email protected]
• Children – The Growler Group does not sell products for purchase by children. We do however sell products of interest to children for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our shop only with the involvement of your parent(s) or guardian(s).
• Due to the way our stock system is run, some items may appear to be in stock but due to high demand sometimes we can run out before the site has responded and therefore your items will be placed onto back order and will be dispatched to you as soon as possible when fresh stocks have been received by us.
At this present time we are unable to take orders on credit from Schools, Councils, Government Bodies or any other organisation. We ask if you are unable to pay by Credit or Debit card that you use our mail order service (see the right hand side bar on the index page).
Please note: We, The Growler Group hold the right to cancel your order at any time for reasons which may or may not be disclosed. If we do this we will refund any money for items ordered that have not been sent.
4. Products descriptions and images
• Images of items offered for sale are for illustrative purposes only.
• To achieve the very best selling prices, some products are sent directly from the manufactures.
• All information given on our website is as accurate as possible, but if you have any questions please feel free to contact us on [email protected].
• We do not condone the use of our images or descriptions on any third party sites inclusive of eBay.5. Postage and Dispatch Information
We currently only supply the UK & its islands (including the channel islands).
• UK Mainland deliveries are made using the Royal Mail - second class.
• All items are usually dispatched in 5 working days and delivered within 10 working days, but please allow 28 days for delivery (particularly at times of high demand).
All dispatch and delivery times given are estimates, and we can give no guarantees on exact delivery times.
6. Missing Items/Returning Items
If your items are missing, faulty (on arrival) or not as described, the following will apply to you...
• You must notify us before returning any item to receive a returns number (RMA) and instructions. Please advise us of your order number, your address, the item you are returning and your reason for return.
• You must notify us of any missing or damaged items within 14 days of the date of shipping (contact us if you have any questions).
• To arrange a claim for your missing items we have to allow a full 28 days from the date of dispatch for the delivery of the goods (as required by the Royal Mail Postal Service), then we will be able to arrange to refund or resend the items as required.
• You must notify us of any 'wrongly received items' or 'unwanted items' within 14 days.
• We may require you to send items directly back to manufacturer (this is to speed up the replacement or refund service).
• If your item has been miss-described and you wish to return it, you may do so but we must be notified within 7 days so that we can do this for you.
• Unwanted items must be returned to us unopened in their original packaging. Unwanted items returned to us will be subject to a restocking fee unless exchanged for items of the same or greater price (with any balance paid in full).
Please use the e-mail us on [email protected] with the words “Item for Return” in the subject line to arrange a return of your items. Please include your order number, your address, the item you are returning and your reason for return in the e-mail, and a member of our support team will contact you back! You will be issued with a returns number (RMA), which must be displayed on the outside of the return packaging.
Occasionally things do fail. so if your goods become faulty after delivery please contact us for advice - [email protected]
We may recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly for a warranty repair/replacement, as this is often the most efficient way for your fault to be resolved.
Should you wish to return your item to The Growler Group under warranty, the item must not have been damaged or made faulty by one or more of the following: mishandling, home repairs, modification, cleaning, fall, shock, drop, fire, flood, water damage, act of God, pollution, bad power supply, improper storage, leaking batteries, sand or mud etc, the item WILL NOT be covered under the warranty and you will be asked to pay a £15 handling charge before we return the item to you.
This applies to all items whether they are 1 day old or on the last day of the warranty.
8. Website Security and Data Protection - Your Data Privacy
• If there is an error in your details, please let us know by e-mail - [email protected] so we can correct the error.
• Except to arrange delivery of items direct from the manufacturer, we will never pass any of your information to third party organisations. We do not provide our list of clients and their contact details to anyone.
• We do send out occasional promotional emails to our customer database.